Thursday, March 6, 2008

A Faulty Introduction.


I am not one to talk. I am one of the most under qualified, inexperienced, unknowledgeable bachelors out there. To try and conquer my own feeble mind’s lofty attempts at understanding the things of God, almost seems like a mindless gamble. With my limited understanding of things, I have for some reason decided to create this blog. Not even fully understanding my own goals with this, nor having thought out the reasons of why and how I should post something like this… I’ve decided to do it, even if for nothing more than for my own personal gratification of getting myself to move. Hopefully, though this may be a short lived project, it will at least get me to start thinking and moving toward a fuller life in Christ. And maybe someone like you reading this, could benefit from it… but that’s not up to me.

In writing this, I must confess and confirm the fact that I do not in any way claim to know what I am talking about or that what I may say is correct. My hope is that maybe my perception and understanding of things may be at least on the right path. So in response to my shortcomings… feel free to kindly, but firmly point them out to me. I will evaluate and test what you say. If you have questions… I don’t claim and never will claim to have all the answers; so I may or may not even be able to attempt to answer them. Anything and everything I may write is in constant edit. (Meaning, I am constantly questioning and testing it.) In all regards though, feedback is welcome at:

providenceandy@gmail.com

So this is my first attempt at this. I think what I’m feeling most pressed to begin with is what I dearly believe. So going through my box of theological thoughts and nailing down the things that are most important to me. To start out I will state that a few things that are key to my beliefs and could not be any other way.

  1. Jesus Christ is the Son of God and is God. He alone is sufficient to meet every possible need I or anyone could ever have. (John 10:30; 2 Corinthians 12:9)
  2. The true meaning of being Christian is living a life of progressive sanctification toward being like Christ, driven by a renewed heart with a hatred of sin. (Philippians 2:12-13)
  3. The Bible is the ONLY God-inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God. (Psalm 19:7-8)
  4. A Christian life should be one of authenticity with a basis of integrity. (John 8:32)

I know that this is a very improper introduction. So I will introduce myself with lame words on the internet that I don’t compose all that gracefully. Anyways, my name is Andrew P. Horst. I love and live near Seattle. I don’t really want to take the time to go into depth on my background and history here. I am currently an active musician working full time with my newest and greatest friends This Providence. This blog however has nothing to do with the band. This is not a fan-site. This is not band-related by any other means than the fact that I happen to play drums for them. This is however, as complicated it may be… me. I will write as I feel led. I will post when I feel somewhat satisfied with what I’ve written.

So here it is for now. All the best,

Andrew. P. Horst.




{NOTE: The Above Picture is (c) 2007 Andrew Horst Photography}

2 comments:

Jared said...

Looking forward to reading your developing thoughts... it seems that those who are the least convinced of their ability, have the most worthy opinions...

Janessa said...

I think this is the most amazing, clear description of so many things I love to think about.

Thank you for sharing it.